Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First experience at Herbaline Facial Spa

Last Sunday (23 Aug), I finally had my first facial ever done at Herbaline in Kampar. It's the first time I had facial in my 20 years life.

The reason why I have not done it earlier is because I thought my skin was not so terrible until I need facial treatment. But then, there were quite a lot of blackheads on my skin recently (I think it's because I didn't do my makeup removing part well) and I couldn't get rid of them on my own. I've tried everything like mud mask, peeling mask, squeezing with blackheads removing tool, and nothing works. So eventually I decided to give facial a try!

After googled I found a facial place located in Kampar, which is near to where I study and so I called them to make an appointment. I went with another friend of mine and we had different facial courses. 

And this is the part where I'm going to share my personal experience and thought about Herbaline in Kampar.

Once you stepped into the shop you are required to take off your shoes but no slipper was provided at the moment, yet. Then you will be seated and the beautician will show you their catalog, you can read and decide what facial course you want to take. Then, a cup of drink will be served. However I have no idea what kind of drink is that because I got no chance to take a sip because the beautician keep on explaining and pursuading me to take the pricier course. What even worse is she touched my skin to 'feel' my skin condition without informing me first. Like hello? I don't even know if your hand is clean or not! -_-

Okay, even though she keep on saying it is better for me to take the pricier course but I insist I want the basic one. It's the first time I come to your shop I just want to try if you're good, I don't want to pay more and then realized you're not worth afterward. So my friend got the slightly more expensive one which cost RM99 (before gst) and I got the basic treatment which cost me RM69 (before gst). On the catalog, these two courses have different treatment time but we were told that no matter what course you choose the treatment time will still be 2 hours because they will provide body massage too. 

After we've decided which course we want, the beautician leads us inside where there's a place for you to wash your foot. She then added a spoonful of salt into the water and asked us to wash our feet with a brush. After that, she brought us to next station and it's a boiling lavender pot. She asked us to take 3 deep breathe in front of the boiling pot to relax ourselves. Then, me and my friends were lead to two different room and we were required to change into the gown they prepared. 

Then it's the facial part. Cleanse, hot steam, blackheads removal, cold steam, mask, ampoules and moisturizer. Everything was fine but I personally don't like the hot steaming part, because it's very hard to breath when every air you inhale was warm and humid. >_< And also for the blackheads removing part, I considered myself as a high pain tolerant, I only feel pain when she did that around my upper lips and chin area. I had two pimples on my face that day, one on the cheek and one on the center of my forehead. Both are pain but still okay, at least I didn't burst out in tear like my friend did LOL. 

Here comes the funny part, the pimple on my forehead was a new formed one and got no head yet. So she asked me whether I want her to squeeze it or not, and it will still continue to grow even after she squeeze it. I was like, what? But whatever, the purpose I came here is to clean my face, so I agreed to let her squeeze. And so she started to press REALLY HARD on my skin and suddenly she screamed for a bit and told me the pimple had finally 'burst'. 

This is what she left me with. (Pic was taken on the second day)

For the body massage that I mentioned earlier, it was a head, shoulder, back and hand massage, which was great for relaxation. I enjoyed that part. *thumbs up*

After the treatment was done, I changed back to my own outfit and again, a cup of drink was served. This time I finally got the chance to try. It's something like ginger tea. Then again, we were asked to sniff another pot of boiling herbs (not sure what was it). Then, there's a fish pond where you can put your foot inside and let the fish eat your dead skin cells. It was so GELI seeing so many fishes swimming around my friend's foot so I hesitate. However I still try it with only putting one heel into the water. It feels gross. And so I decided NOT to try it anymore. >_<

Next, we went back to the counter there and we were required to fill up a form. And then the beauticians there started to introduce us their products. I wasn't going to buy any at first but considered my skin condition after the very intense squeezing process, I bought a Anti-sentitive ampoule that cost RM19 (before gst). This is the same one as the ampoule she used on my skin during the treatment. She claimed that with this product my redness can fade faster and the injured part can cure faster. 

This is how it looks like. 
You'll need to apply this after regular toner step. Twice a day. It's easy to absorb and not greasy!


Overall, I think the service from Herbaline in Kampar is average. I can feel my skin is much more smoother (because no more blackheads) now compared to before the facial treatment. Only thing I don't like is they always want to earn money from you: asking you to choose the more expensive facial course & buy their skin care product. I would only go back for treatment for special occasion like a month before my birthday or graduation or whatsoever when I want my skin to look flawless, because it could cost a bomb to a student like me if I go for treatment on a regular basis.

Finally I can feel my smooth skin again without all those tiny little bumps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment